Good Shepherd is active at home, in our community and throughout the world with a variety of ministries programs:
- Home Depot Breakfast Ministry – Good Shepherd provides Sunday meals and support for day laborers who gather at a Home Depot in Passaic.
- Shop and Stop Hunger Ministry – Good Shepherd’s members donate food and financial support weekly to St. Paul’s Community Development Corporation Food Pantry in Paterson.
- Habitat For Humanity – Good Shepherd is a supporter and participant in Habitat for Humanity constructing new homes in New Jersey for families in need.
- Care Ministries - Good Shepherd supports members in need by delivering meals, flowers and rides for those experiencing loss, illness and other difficulties.
- Employment and Growth - The Job Search Work Team helps those currently out of work and looking to get back into the workforce.
- Well Baby Clinic - Good Shepherd provides space and support for a Well Baby Clinic which provides care to children in need through the auspices of Valley Community Health.
- Nursing Home Ministries – Pastor Jay leads monthly worship services for residents of Crane's Mill Retirement Community.
- Eastern Christian Children’s Retreat Center – The Good Shepherd congregation assists with the purchase and distribution of Christmas gifts for residents who face ongoing developmental challenges.
- Camp Ministries - Good Shepherd is an active supporter of Cross Roads Camp and Retreat Center which hosts a Women of the Woods retreat, Summer Camp and a variety of retreat offerings.
- Internship Program - Good Shepherd has been home to one of the largest ELCA Pastoral Internship programs in New Jersey.
- Mission Trips - Good Shepherd participates in mission trips to help those in need throughout the United States.
- Seafarer’s International - Good Shepherd supports the work of Seafarer’s International by making satchels for distribution to the seafarers at sea on Christmas.
- The Sheep Project - Good Shepherd provides sheep to help families living in extreme poverty around the world.
- Community Thrift Shop in Midland Park - The WELCA group works at the thrift shop each month to raise funds for their many projects and ministries.
- The WELCA Knitters knit prayer shawls, baptism shawls, newborn hats, bed socks and lap robes for distribution in the community.
- The WELCA Quilters sew quilts for a variety of local organizations serving the community.
- Eyeglass collection for people in need.